Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 091, 2022
Sydney Road, Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Sydney Road between its junctions with Montreal Road and Newton Road
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable UKPN to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is Montreal Road, Dock Road and Newton Road and vice versa for westbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Tuesday 7 June 2022 and will be valid for 21 days, although the works are expected to be completed by Monday 13 June 2022. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.