Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 016, 2023
Tamar Drive, Aveley
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Tamar Drive between its junctions with Usk Road and Shannon Way
- prohibit any vehicle from parking at any time along the west kerb line of Tamar Drive between its junctions with Usk Road and Shannon Way
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway reconstruction.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles will be Shannon Way, Teviot Avenue and Usk Road. The alternative route for southbound vehicles will be Usk Road westbound, Romford Road southbound and Shannon Way. Access will be maintained for residents. Access to Swale Close will be via Gatemen. Outside of working times, Access will be available to side roads.
4) The Order will come into force on Thursday 6 April 2023 at 8am and will be in force continuously until Friday 14 April 2023 at 5pm, (excluding bank holidays). It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.