Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 007, 2023
Tamarisk Road, South Ockendon
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit anyone from using the Footway on the west kerb line of Tamarisk Road for a distance of approximately 90m between Mayflower Close and Celandine Close
- prohibit any vehicle from parking between the times of the order on the eastbound carriageway opposite Mayflower Close for a distance of approximately 90m in a north direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Network Rail to carry out vegetation management which is overhanging the footpath.
3) There is no alternative route and pedestrians will be marshalled through the site.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 20 March 2023 at 8am and be in force for two days between the hours of 8am and 4pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.