Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 065, 2023
Tank Hill Road, Purfleet-on-Thames
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Tank Hill Road between its junctions with Centurion Way and Marlow Avenue
- prohibit any vehicle from parking along the east and west kerbline of Tank Hill Road between its junctions with Centurion Way and Marlow Avenue
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Clear Channel to carry out replacement of the bus shelter including an upgraded power supply.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles will be New Tank Hill Road, Purfleet Bypass, Stoneness Roundabout, London Road westbound, High Street and Tank Hill Road and vice versa for northbound vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on Tuesday 25 April 2023 at 10am and will be in force for one day between the hours 10am and 3pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.