Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 060, 2023
Teviot Avenue, Aveley
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along Teviot Avenue from its junction with Shannon Way for a distance of approximately 25m in a north direction
- temporarily revoke the one way on Teviot Avenue between its junctions with Shannon Way and Usk Road
- prohibit parking at any time on the east kerbline of the carriageway on Teviot Avenue between its junctions with Shannon Way and Usk Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway reconstruction.
3) The alternative route for those wishing to access Teviot Avenue is Shannon Way eastbound, Nethan Drive, Nare Road, and Shannon Way westbound, Romford Road northbound, Usk Road eastbound, Usk Road southbound into Teviot Avenue.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 3 April 2023 at 8am and will be in force daily for three days between the hours of 8am and 5pm until Wednesday 5 April 2023 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.