Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 135, 2021
Usk Road and Romford Road, Aveley
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from turning into the northern junction of Usk Road from Romford Road
- temporarily reverse the eastbound and southbound travel on Usk Road
- prohibit any vehicles from exiting onto Usk Road to travel westbound out of Ravel Gardens, Severn Road and Ravel Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is to travel northbound on Usk Road and then westbound out onto Romford Road, for those that would have turned right into Usk Road from Romford Road will use Shannon Way and Teviot Avenue. For those wishing to exit Tamar Drive vehicles will use Shannon Way. The alternative route for vehicles in Ravel Gardens, Severn Road and Ravel Road will be to use Usk Road north and travel westbound. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 20 September 2021 at 9:30am and remain in force continuously until 3pm on Wednesday 22 September 2021. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.