Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 181, 2023
Waltons Hall Road, Linford
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along Waltons Hall Road between its junctions with Buckingham Hill Road and Butts Lane
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out removal of obsolete highway furniture.
3) The alternative route for northeast bound vehicles is Buckingham Hill Road, A1013, London Road, Butts Lane and vice versa for southwest bound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 16 October 2023 at 7pm and will be in force nightly between the hours of 7pm and 2am until Thursday 19 October 2023. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.