Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 035, 2022
West Road, South Ockendon
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to: -
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along West Road between its junctions with South Road and Tamarisk Road
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Tyssen Place from its junction with West Road for a distance of approximately 30m in a northerly direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out installation of two pedestrian crossings in West Road and a speed cushion in Tyssen Place.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles will be Dennis Road, Dennises Lane, Stubbers Lane, Ockendon Road (B1421), Ockendon Road (B186), North Road (B186) and vice versa for westbound vehicles. There is no alternative route for the closure of Tyssen Place. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 15 August 2022 at 10am and will be in force daily between the hours of 10am and 3pm until Friday 26 August 2022 at 3pm. The works will be carried out in two phases:
- phase one (5 days) – approximately 25m east of Nicholas Close to the junction with Tyssen Place, incorporating the closure of Tyssen Place for one day
- phase two (5 days) – approximately 25m east of Canterbury Parade for a distance approximately 60m east
It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.