Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 075, 2023
West Thurrock Way, West Thurrock
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling southbound along West Thurrock Way between its junctions with Arterial Road Roundabout and Cygnet View
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out urgent pothole and drainage repairs in the carriageway.
4) The alternative route for southbound vehicles will be to continue on West Thurrock Way westbound, Junction 31, exit link road heading north onto the M25 slip to J30, Junction 30, A13 eastbound, exit slip to A126, A126 southbound, Lancaster roundabout and West Thurrock Way.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Tuesday 21 March 2023 at 9:30am and will be valid for 21 days, although the works are expected to be completed by 2pm on Tuesday 21 March 2023. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.