Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 053, 2023
Wharf Road, Fobbing
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along Wharf Road in its entirety
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable BT to carry out the installation of a new BT pole.
3) There is no alternative route, however access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
4) The Order will come into force on Thursday 27 April 2023 at 8am and will be in force for one day until 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.