Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 195, 2022
Windsor Avenue, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling southwest along Windsor Avenue between its junctions with The Griffins and Lodge Lane
- prohibit any vehicle from parking at any time during the times of the Order on the northwest kerb line from its junction with Lodge Lane for a distance of approximately 103m in a north direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out Footway improvement works.
3) The alternative route for southwest bound vehicles is northbound on Windsor Avenue, westbound on Long Lane, Treacle Mine roundabout and Lodge Lane. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 3 January 2023 at 10am and will be in force daily between the hours of 10am and 3pm until Friday 27 January 2023. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.