Plans are underway for a major redevelopment of Stanford-le-Hope railway station. This will include better access for connecting buses and other improved ;travel links to and from the station.
Much of the current station area will be cleared and buildings demolished. The new station will provide:
- step-free access from the street
- waiting rooms
- a small coffee vendor
- customer information signs
- a wider platform with covered waiting areas on the London-bound side
- a footbridge with lifts
Work is being funded by the government's Local Growth Deal, the National Stations Improvement Programme (NSIP) and planning obligation funding from DP World. Our project partners are DP World, c2c and Network Rail.
What's happening now
We plan to appoint a 'design and build' contractor during spring 2022. Works will start later in the year.
We are also looking at how best to make:
- improvements to access for buses
- safe and attractive walking and cycling routes to the station
- improvements to the area around the station