Young Thurrock is dedicated to providing a platform for the borough’s young people.
If you want to:
- Be a guest blogger for Young Thurrock;
- Share something you have created, be it writing, art, videos, images, music or anything else;
- Share your thoughts on a subject but need us to write the article for you.
We want YOU to get in touch!
As long as your work meets a few rules (the rules help us to avoid upsetting people and getting sued or arrested), we’ll gladly share it on this blog and related social media accounts for Thurrock – and the world – to see.
What are those rules? Good question.
YOUNG THURROCK EDITORIAL RULES
- You must be a Thurrock resident aged 16 to 29. If you’re 30 or over, we’re sorry but you’re not quite young enough.
- It must be your own work. Obviously this doesn’t apply if you want us to write your article for you, but passing off another person’s work (or a part of it) as your own is plagiarism. You wouldn’t want us to get told off, would you?
- It must not be offensive. That means no swearing, abuse, intolerance or anything a reasonable person might find objectionable. We will consider work based on adult themes, but it must be done in a tasteful way.
- It must not risk breaking UK law (or encourage others to do so). Defamation in particular is a big no-no.
- It must not be party political. Your content can have a political theme or message, but it must not promote a political party.
If you’re unsure if your work meets our rules, please send us your work anyway and we’ll let you know.
Should we need to make any changes to your submission, we’ll confirm that you’re happy with the changes before publishing it.
IMPORTANT: This is not a competition and Young Thurrock is not a talent judge, so please don’t be shy. We’re here to support you. Get involved!
How to send us your work
Please send an email to email@example.com with your work attached (or provide a link to it) and include the following in your message:
- Your full name.
- Your age.
- Where you live.
- A brief description of what you’re sending to us.
If you don’t want us to share your real name, age and area with your work (for example, “Joseph Bloggs, 18, Grays”), please tell us and we will follow your wishes, but we still need to know your real details (we can’t have 60-year-old Geoff from Kent stealing your opportunities).
We will respond to all submissions but please be patient.
Thank you for taking part. We can’t wait to see what you’ve created!