Temporary event notice


A Temporary Event Notice (TEN) is required if you want to carry out a 'licensable activity' on unlicensed premises.

Licensable activities include:

  • selling alcohol
  • serving alcohol to members of a private club
  • providing entertainment, such as music, dancing or indoor sporting events
  • serving hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am

Restrictions and conditions apply.

For more information, go to GOV.UK: Temporary Events Notice.

How to apply

You must apply for a TEN at least 10 working days before your event. The date of submitting the TEN and the day of the event are not included in the total number of working days before the event.

You can apply for a ‘late TEN’ up to 5 working days before the event.

Copies of the TEN must be sent to the police and our environmental health service at least 10 working days before the event. If you apply online, we will do this for you.

Use the online form below to apply for a licence.

When applying, you must pay a £21 fee. After submitting your application, you'll be asked to pay the fee online using a debit card or credit card. Your card will be checked when you pay.

At the 'Authenticating payer details' page, it's important you allow time for bank checks to take place in background – please do not refresh the page, and do not use the 'submit’ button on that page unless you've waited longer than 15 seconds.

Apply for a Temporary Event Notice