Temporary use notices

Temporary use notice

A Temporary Use Notice (TUN) allows the use of premises for gambling where there is no premises licence but where a gambling operator wishes to use the premises temporarily for providing facilities for gambling. Premises that might be suitable for a TUN include hotels, conference centres, and sporting venues.

A TUN may only be granted to a person or company holding a relevant operating licence issued by the Gambling Commission. For example, the holder of a betting operating licence could apply to provide betting facilities at a snooker tournament.

The same set of premises can have a number of TUNs, provided they do not exceed 21 days in any 12-month period. Should this be exceeded we will issue a counter-notice that has the effect of stopping the TUN coming into effect. Failure to comply with the counter-notice is an offence.

Apply for a Temporary Use Notice

Applications for TUNs should be directed to our licensing team.

Licensing team
Thurrock Council, Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, RM17 6SL.

: licensing@thurrock.gov.uk