Thames Enterprise Park is a proposal to redevelop the former Petroplus Coryton Oil Refinery, which closed in June 2012.
Outline planning permission is being sought for the site's complete regeneration based on a masterplan design and mixed-use development. The planning application is being brought forward jointly by:
- iSec – a UK investor and developer specialising in strategic industrial, residential and mixed-use developments
- Greenergy – a UK distributor of transport fuels
The site has 412 acres (167 hectares) of flat, brownfield land that forms part of the Thames Freeport. It is well-connected for transportation links by river, rail and road.
The applicants’ development masterplan proposes:
- over 3.7 million square feet of commercial space for specialised sustainable industries
- an emphasis on energy and clean fuels
- re-inventing the site's oil port and refinery heritage for a 'net zero' future, where carbon emitted into the atmosphere is balanced by carbon removed from it
- making the site a strategic infrastructure and employment asset for Thurrock
Full submitted planning application details are available at 18/01404/OUT: Outline planning permission – Thames Enterprise Park.
For the applicants’ own information about their proposals, go to Thames Enterprise Park.