What's in your library
We've been working to make your library visits as safe and enjoyable as possible.
You should check library opening hours before you visit as there may be temporary changes.
Only Purfleet library currently remains closed.
Keeping you and our staff safe
When you visit a library:
- you may wear a face covering whilst inside the building
- we suggest avoiding busy times, such as lunchtimes
- hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance
- cleaning stations will be available beside our self-service machines, for those who are printing
All services are available as advertised within each local library branch.
If you wish to borrow an item, you can either:
- browse for items on our library shelves
- reserve new items online using a library computer or from home
- use our 'order and collect' service from home
You can use public computers and printers for up to 2 hours. To book a library computer, you can either by using the form below or phone the library no more than 1 day in advance.
There is no charge for the use of public computers.
Payment for the use of printers must be made through the self-service machines.